The CRCC is a business-led, problem-solver and advocacy organization working in partnership with regional business leaders to promote a vibrant economy. The CRCC, through a vetting process with the Government Affairs Committee, advocates on local, state and federal legislation critical to the continued improvement of the region and state's business climate and sustained economic development.
In addition, through strategic alliances, CRCC works with the business community to form coalitions to address specific community issues that impact business. These coalitions analyze issues and identify comprehensive business best-practice models that facilitate a healthy local and regional business environment.
For government sites click here for
Business Advocacy Links:
- Florida Chamber: http://www.flchamber.com/
- National Federation of Independent Business: http://www.nfib.com/
- Florida Retail Federation: http://www.frf.org/
- Florida Restaurant and Lodging Association: http://www.frla.org/
- Associated Industries of Florida: http://aif.com/home.shtm
- United States Chamber of Commerce: http://www.uschamber.com/
The Clearwater Regional Chamber of Commerce is the unified voice of business in Pinellas County. Its Government Affairs Division acts on a local, state and federal level to support legislative issues critical to our area’s continued economic success. Position and actions are vetted through the Government Affairs Committee.
The Government Affairs Division:
- Monitors government actions and policies;
- Maintains communication with local and regional officials;
- Develops positions on local, state and federal issues impacting the Pinellas County business community;
- Acts as the communications link to the Chamber membership concerning these key issues; and
- Organizes the membership to advocate on behalf of pro-business issues at the local, state and federal levels.
Government Affairs Committee
The Chamber’s Governmental Affairs Committee represents the business community when governmental agencies and policies affect business. It is a diverse group, representing the interests of businesses small and large … from mom-and-pop restaurants, retailers and service providers to world-class hoteliers, major manufacturers, and financial institutions.
The Committee is charged with the task of monitoring legislative issues at all levels of government, and – using member feedback solicited by the Governmental Affairs Division – with creating local, state and federal Business Advocacy Agendas that address those issues that have an effect on the business community.
The Government Affairs Committee meets on the second Tuesday of each month at 7:45 a.m. All Chamber members are welcome to join. For more information, contact Zach Thorn at ZThorn@ClearwaterFlorida.org